There are no upcoming live courses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please come back again for future updates.
2020 Course Dates & Locations:
Herman & Wallace: Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging: Women’s Health and Orthopedic Topics
This continuing education seminar is a two-and-a-half-day course designed to provide instruction in the generation and interpretation of rehabilitative ultrasound images as they relate to the pelvic girdle. Both lecture and lab material will be presented that will allow the participant to immediately incorporate the use of rehabilitative ultrasound imaging into their evaluation and treatment plans for patients with diagnoses including lumbopelvic pain and instability, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Allison Ariail PT, DPT, CLT-LANA, BCB-PMD, PRPC
(Herman & Wallace)
*Enter code TheProGroup at checkout to receive a 10% course discount.
An Introduction to Men’s Health Physical Therapy
Myopain Seminars | Bethesda, MD
Instructor: Gerard Greene, MSc (Manip Physio); BSc Physio, MMACP, MCSP, PG Cert HEd
This 3-day introduction to Men’s Health Physical Therapy course will focus on the assessment and management of the Men’s Health PT patient. The course will focus on the detailed history taking of the complex conditions men with pelvic dysfunction present with. Conditions that will be introduced and focused on will be male pelvic pain, male athletic pelvic pain, hard flaccid syndrome, post-prostatectomy urinary incontinence, and post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction. This course will also focus on addressing the challenges of setting up or building a men’s health PT service.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for male and female PTs who want to develop/update their interest in Men’s Health PT, including those with a Women’s Health, Musculoskeletal or Sports background. The course will equip you to start working with male pelvic patients and to develop a new role or service. Gerard has a strong track record of teaching mixed groups of physical therapists and also those who are new to either male pelvic health or pelvic health PT.
- Male Pelvic Floor anatomy, function, and dysfunction
- Developing detailed history taking skills with these complex conditions
- Exploring the complex psychological, emotional, cognitive, social & behavioral aspects of the conditions these men present with
- Internal Examination in Men’s Health Physiotherapy
- Assessment & Management of Male Pelvic Pain
- Introducing the EZ Magic therapeutic device and its role in the management of pelvic pain and building self-efficacy
- Role of Musculoskeletal & exercise based physiotherapy in the male pelvic pain patient to include athletic pelvic pain; Bridging the musculoskeletal, sports & pelvic health gap
- Role of trans-abdominal ultrasound scanning and its use in the over or underactive male pelvic floor
- Introduction to the management of pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence in a post prostate cancer surgery patient
- Introduction to post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
- How do develop a Men’s Health Physiotherapy service & role: An expanding role for Physiotherapists
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
About Gerard Greene: MSc (Manip Physio); BSc Physio, MMACP, MCSP, PG Cert HEd Instructor
Gerard is an experienced musculoskeletal and Men’s Health physio. He works in male pelvic pain, pelvic floor rehab, post prostate surgery, hard flaccid syndrome, erectile dysfunction & also pelvic floor dysfunction in sport. With two male pelvic health physio clinics in the UK, he has experience in developing the role and service of Men’s Health Physiotherapy. Gerard presented at conferences worldwide, including WCPT 2017 in Cape Town, SA, the Japanese Physical Therapy Association, and in the Middle East. He is an Assistant Professor of Physiotherapy in Coventry University, UK where in addition to lecturing he is involved in pelvic health physiotherapy research.